currently provides two search interfaces for querying the biomedical literature:
The Basic Search Screen only includes the option to locate articles by using keywords (MeSH terms or Medical Subject Headings) and/or searching for text strings within a title or abstract.
USE THE BASIC SEARCH IF YOU:
- ONLY need to enter a group of subject headings/subheadings to perform your search
- Want to browse the MANTIS Database and perform quick searches on single headings
The Advanced Search Screen allows you locate articles by using keywords (MeSH terms or Medical Subject Headings) and/or searching for text strings within a title or abstract. You may also limit searches by an author's name, a journal's title, by discipline and by language while limiting the results to include articles that are refereed and are of high clinical relevancy.
USE THE ADVANCED SEARCH IF YOU:
- Want to search by a specific author
- Want to search by a specific journal
- Want to search refereed journals only
- Want to search by language of journal